Sorry, our promotion
is now closed.
We appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, the 100-Year Celebration Sweepstakes ended on December 31, 2021, at midnight.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF 50 UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT (“ENTRANT”) AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Eligibility. The Master Lock 100-Year Celebration Promotion (the "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority in their state/province as of the date of entry. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. Employees of Master Lock Company, LLC (the "Sponsor"), Brandmovers, Inc. ("Administrator”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Promotion (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the "Promotion Entities") and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant\'s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor\'s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion begins on January 1, 2021 at 12:00:01 AM Central Time ("CT") and ends on December 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM CT (the "Promotion Period"). The Promotion consists of a weekly instant win portion (the “Instant Win”), and a quarterly and grand prize sweepstakes portion (collectively, the “Sweepstakes”).
Weekly Instant Win Periods: Each weekly Instant Win play period will begin at 12:00:00 AM CT on Friday and end at 11:59:59 PM CT the following Thursday (each, a “Weekly Instant Win Period”) of the Promotion Period.
Sweepstakes Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes portion of the Promotion will be broken out into four (4) separate quarterly entry pools (each, a “Quarterly Entry Pool”) and one (1) grand prize entry pool (“Grand Prize Entry Pool”). The Quarterly Entry Pools period will start and end on the dates and times specifically set forth in the Quarterly Entry Pool Chart below, and the Grand Prize Entry Pool period will coincide with the Promotion Period. The Quarterly Entry Pool Periods are outlined in the Quarterly Entry Pool Chart below:
QUARTERLY ENTRY POOL CHART # Start @ 12:00:00 AM CT on: End @ 11:59:59 PM CT on: Random Draw Date 1 1/1/2021 3/31/2021 On or about 4/1/2021 2 4/1/2021 6/30/2021 On or about 7/1/2021 3 7/1/2021 9/30/2021 On or about 10/1/2021 4 10/1/2021 12/31/2021 On or about 1/2/2022
- How to Play/Enter. There are two (2) ways to play/enter the Promotion:
- (i) QR Code w/ Purchase: To enter the Instant Win portion of the Promotion and receive an entry into the Sweepstakes portion for both the Quarterly Entry Pool and the Grand Prize Pools simultaneously, purchase any specially-marked 100 Year Celebration Master Lock product (“Valid Product”), and scan the QR Code on the Valid Product. Once the QR Code is scanned, an online official entry form will automatically appear on-screen. Complete and submit the online entry form, which includes a field to attach a photo of your receipt showing your Valid Product purchased during the Promotion Period. Once Entrant submits the completed entry form, Entrant will instantly receive a message telling them if they are a Weekly Instant Winner, and Entrant will also receive one (1) entry into the Quarterly Entry Pool and one (1) entry to the Grand Prize Entry Pool.
- (ii) Online without Purchase: To enter the Instant Win portion of the Promotion and receive an entry into the Sweepstakes portion for both the Quarterly Entry Pool and the Grand Prize Pool simultaneously without making a Valid Product purchase, visit www.masterlocksweeps.com (“Website”) during the Promotion Period, where Entrant can complete and submit the online official entry form. Once Entrant submits the completed entry form, Entrant will instantly receive a message telling them if they are a Weekly Instant Winner, and Entrant will also receive one (1) entry into the Quarterly Entry Pool and one (1) entry to the Grand Prize Entry Pool.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of the method of entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Entrants may receive up to three (3) additional bonus entries per person per day by performing the following tasks: receive one (1) additional entry for sharing the Promotion on Facebook; receive one (1) additional entry for sharing the Promotion on Instagram; and receive one (1) additional entry for sharing the Promotion on Twitter. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries or emails, which may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a registration, entry or who earned an entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. No automatically generated entries will be accepted.
Odds for the Weekly Instant Win Prizes are calculated using randomly selected times which are pre-designated. During the Weekly Instant Win Periods, the first eligible Entrant who submits an entry form in accordance with the instructions in Official Rule #3 (i) or (ii) on or immediately after a randomly designated time will win an Instant Win Prize (“Instant Win Prize”), subject to verification and the Instant Win prize limits set forth in Section 6 below. There will be fifty two (52) Weekly Instant Win Prize winners in this Promotion or one (1) Weekly Instant Win Prize winner per week during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Weekly Instant Prize winner per person/household during the entire Promotion Period.
- Sweepstakes Portion Winners Selection.
There will be a total of four (4) Quarterly Prize winners (one (1) per Quarterly Entry Pool), and one (1) Grand Prize winner (each a “Prize Winner” or collectively “Prize Winners”) in this Promotion. The Quarterly Prize winners will be randomly selected on or about the Random Drawing dates set forth in the Quarterly Entry Pool Chart in Official Rule #2 above, from among all eligible Quarterly Entry Pool entries received up until the date of the applicable random drawing. All non-winning Quarterly Entry Pool entries WILL carry over to subsequent random drawings. Odds of winning a Quarterly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in each Quarterly Entry Pool. The Grand Prize random drawing will occur on or about January 2, 2022 from among all eligible Grand Prize Entry Pool entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in each Quarterly Entry Pool. All random drawings will be conducted by Administrator. Collectively, Prize Winners can be referred to as the “Winners”, or each, a “Winner”.
Limit one (1) Sweepstakes Portion Winner per person/household during the entire Promotion Period. The Winners will be contacted via email or telephone, at the number or email used to enter on the entry form, and each potential Winner may be awarded a Prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules.) Sponsor\'s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential Winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Administrator will send a notification message ("Message") to each potential Winner on or about the same day of the applicable random draw date. Failure of a potential Winner to respond to the Message within five (5) days of notification, or return of message notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Winner may be selected, time permitting. Sponsor and Administrator shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason.
THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
- Verification of Potential Winners. In order to be confirmed as a Winner, and without limitation of any other terms herein, each potential Winner may be required upon Sponsor’s reasonable request to provide satisfactory proof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that such potential Winner is an eligible entrant, including but not limited to providing a copy of a potential Winner’s government-issued identification and/or additional information required by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Upon receiving the Winner notification response, Administrator may send each potential Winner an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity (where legal) and Liability Release (if a United States resident) OR a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release (if a Canadian resident), which will need to be completed, signed and returned to Administrator within twenty (20) days of receipt of the Release. If a resident of Canada, the potential winner must also correctly answer a time-based mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind prior to and as a condition of being declared a Winner.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Values. One (1) Grand Prize One $5,000 Sponsor-specified digital gift card. ARV: $5,000 USD. Four (4) Quarterly Prizes – $2,500 Sponsor-specified digital gift card. ARV: $2,500 USD each. Fifty-two (52) Weekly Instant Prizes – A $100 Sponsor-specified digital gift card. ARV: $100 USD. each. Total ARV of all prizes is $20,200 USD. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-refundable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor\'s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All taxes (including, without limitation, state and federal income taxes) and the reporting consequences thereof associated with the use and acceptance of a Prize is solely the responsibility of each Winner. Each Quarterly Prize Winner and the Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual retail value of his/her Prize. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Promotion. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of all Prizes.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant\'s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Promotion, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant\'s participation in the Promotion and/or Entrant\'s acceptance, use or misuse of Prize.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor\'s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor\'s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant\'s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant\'s sole remedy is another Entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another Entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Entrant further agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
- Disputes/Governing Law. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, other than those concerning the administration of the Promotion or the determination of Winners or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Milwaukee County under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Wisconsin state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall following Wisconsin law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Either party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Milwaukee County, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Milwaukee County. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Milwaukee County; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys\' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All trademarks related to the prizes in this Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners and no sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with Sponsor, its products or this Sweepstakes is implied by their use.
- Consent to Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of his/her prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use said Winner\'s name, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media (including but not limited to the Sponsor\’s website and social media), in perpetuity, without limitation and without further notice or compensation. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, including verification of Entrant\’s eligibility
- Promotion Winners. For the Promotion Winners’ names (available after January 2, 2022), send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, Master Lock 100-Year Celebration Promotion Winners, c/o Brandmovers, 1519 Carrol Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318. Residents of Vermont residents omit postage.
- This Promotion is not sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Messaging and data rates may apply.
- Official Rules. For a copy of these Official Rules visit www.masterlocksweeps.com until January 31, 2022.
- Sponsor: Master Lock Company, LLC, 6744 S. Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154.
Administrator: Brandmovers, Inc., 1519 Carrol Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318.